Associate members of the IFE benefit from:
- professional recognition in the global fire sector through the use, after your name, of the post nominal AIFireE
- access to MY IFE, including special interest groups, CPD tracking and current vacancies;
- International Fire Professional, posted to you and online access to current and archived publications;
- regular e-newsletters;
- discounts for the IFE Online Shop and events;
- the possibility of involvement in IFE branches, working groups and committees.
How to apply
If you live outside the UK, please contact your local branch about your application. If a local branch is not available, or you live in the UK, please apply using the Associate Application Form and send copies of your certificates.
You can send your completed application to email@example.com or by post to the address at the bottom of this page. Please refer to the application checklist table below to ensure that you have all parts of your application before submission.
Payment and subscriptions
There is no application fee. If your application is successful, an annual subscription is payable. Payment can be made by direct debit , credit/debit card, sterling cheque or bank draft. All other ways to pay are listed here. Please read the IFE Rules of Membership before completing your application. If successful, you must adhere to the IFE Code of Conduct and you are advised to maintain your Continuing Professional Development.
Associate grade membership is for those people who meet the academic qualification requirements for Member grade and are working towards gaining the necessary experience required to meet the member grade criteria. This makes Associate member grade ideal for new graduates of fire related degrees.
One of the following:
- Degree in a fire-related subject*
- IFE Level 4 Certificate (formerly Member exams) or equivalent
- An IFE Recognised Educational Programme for MIFireE
If you do not have a qualification listed above, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice.
Applicants must have the support of two current IFE Associate, Member or Fellow members (AIFireE, MIFireE or FIFireE). Applicants are required to submit two Referee Statements with their application.
Chartered Engineer interim registration or
Incorporated Engineer interim registration through the IFE automatically confers Associate (AIFireE) membership
*check whether your degree is accredited by the Engineering Council and if so apply with us to become Interim Registered at either Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) level.