The prestigious grade of Fellow is awarded by special Board resolution. However, it may also be applied for by existing MIFireE members.
The FIFireE grade is awarded to those who have demonstrated significant individual responsibility and exceptional contribution to the fire engineering profession over an extended period of time, not normally less than 15 years.
Fellows of the IFE benefit from:
- esteemed professional recognition in the global fire sector through the use, after your name, of the post nominal FIFireE
- access to MY IFE, including special interest groups, CPD tracking and current vacancies;
- International Fire Professional, posted to you and online access to current and archived publications;
- regular e-newsletters and discounts for the IFE Online Shop and events;
How to apply
If you live outside the UK, please contact your local branch about your application. If a local branch is not available, or you live in the UK, please apply using the one-page Fellow Application Form and attach your CV or a detailed biography (including information on recent career activity from within the last two years), two completed Referee Statements from current FIFireE members and a Personal Statement of no more than 500 words about why you feel you should be approved as a Fellow of the IFE.
You can send your completed application to email@example.com or by post to the address at the bottom of this page.
Please refer to the application checklist table below to ensure that you have all parts of your application before submission.
Payment and subscriptions
There is no application fee. If your application is successful, you will be asked to pay the difference between your existing MIFireE subscription and the FIFireE subscription in your year of successful application. You will be sent an annual renewal for the Fellow subscription annually thereafter. Payment can be made by direct debit, credit/debit card, sterling cheques or bank draft. All other ways to pay are listed here.
None. This has already been met.
- Two completed Referee Statements from current FIFireE members
- Your CV or detailed biography - please also ensure that information is included on recent activity from the last two years
- A Personal Statement of around 500 words about why you feel you should be approved as a Fellow of the IFE and what you will contribute to the IFE during your time as Fellow