Graduate members of the IFE benefit from:
- professional recognition in the global fire sector through the use, after your name, of the post nominal GIFireE
- access to MY IFE, including special interest groups, CPD tracking and current vacancies;
- International Fire Professional, posted to you and online access to current and archived publications;
- regular e-newsletters;
- discounts for the IFE Online Shop and events;
- the possibility of involvement in IFE branches, working groups and committees.
How to apply
If you live outside the UK, please contact your local branch about your application. If a local branch is not available, or you live in the UK, please apply using the Graduate Application Form and send copies of your certificates.
Please ensure that you fully complete the section on page one of the application form to show that you have at least three years of training and experience or alternatively submit a detailed CV or 500 word description of your experience with your application.
You can send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address at the bottom of this page.
Please refer to the application checklist table below to ensure that you have all parts of your application before submission.
Payment and subscriptions
There is no application fee. If your application is successful, an annual subscription is payable. Payment can be made by direct debit , credit/debit card or sterling cheque or bank draft. All other ways to pay are listed here. Please read the IFE Rules of Membership before completing your application. If successful, you must adhere to the IFE Code of Conduct and you are advised to maintain your Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma (fire-related)
- IFE Level 3 Diploma (formerly Graduate exams)
- UK Statutory Station Officer exams
- An IFE Recognised Educational Programme for GIFireE
If you do not have a qualification listed above, please email your CV to email@example.com for further advice.
A minimum of three years of acceptable training and responsible experience (fire-related)
This can be demonstrated through full completion of the section at the bottom of page one of the applications form, by submitting a detailed and current CV or by submitting a 500 word description of your experience