Technician members of the IFE benefit from:
- professional recognition in the global fire sector through the use, after your name, of the post nominal TIFireE
- access to MY IFE, including special interest groups, CPD tracking and current vacancies;
- International Fire Professional, posted to you and online access to current and archived publications;
- regular e-newsletters;
- discounts for the IFE Online Shop and events;
- the possibility of involvement in IFE branches, working groups and committees
How to apply
If you live outside the UK, please contact your local branch about your application. If a local branch is not available, or you live in the UK, please apply using the Technician Application Form and send copies of your certificates to us along with your completed professional review report.
Please send in only relevant information. Remember do not bind your submissions and keep your IPD report to a maximum of 10 single sides including any supporting information. Detailed guidance is available on the link below.
You can send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address at the bottom of this page.
Please refer to the application checklist table below to ensure that you have all parts of your application completed before submission.
Payment and subscriptions
There is no application fee. If your application is successful, an annual subscription is payable. Payments can be made by direct debit , Credit/Debit card or by sterling cheque or bank draft. All other ways to pay are listed here. Please read the IFE Rules of Membership before completing your application. If successful, you must adhere to the IFE Code of Conduct and you are advised to maintain your Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- One of the following:
- IFE Level 3 Certificate (formerly Intermediate)
- EngTech registration (Engineering Council UK or international equivalent)
- UK Statutory Sub Officer/Junior Officer 2 exams
- An IFE Recognised Educational Programme for TIFireE
If you do not have a qualification listed above, please email your CV to email@example.com for further advice.
Engineering Technician registration with the IFE automatically confers Technician (TIFireE) membership. Thus, successful applicants can use the post nominal letters EngTech TIFireE