How do I apply to take IFE exams?

If you would like to apply to take IFE examinations, please visit the Qualifications pages of the website which provides the latest guidance documents, terms and conditions, application forms, examination centre list and examiner reports to assist you.   

If you would like any further information please contact exams@ife.org.uk

How much does it cost to take IFE exams?

For many candidates, particularly where IFE exams are required for promotion or consideration for promotion, the fees are often paid by their employer. However, candidates can pay their own exam fees. Details of fees can be found on the relevant examination session page e.g. March 2021.

Is there any financial assistance available through the IFE to support fire-related research?

The IFE works in partnership to assess applications for possible funding of fire-related research through the Fire and Rescue Service Research Training Trust (FRSTT). For more information, please email frstt@ife.org.uk

Is there any financial assistance available through the IFE to support educational projects in disadvantaged communities?

Yes. The IFE’s Charitable Education Fund (CEF) has supported a number of educational projects, most recently in Kosovo and Ghana. 

Do IFE exams meet the academic requirement for IFE membership?

IFE Level 3 Certificate in Fire Science, Operations, Safety and Management meets the academic entry requirement for Technician grade.

IFE Level 3 Diploma in Fire Science and Fire Safety meets the academic entry requirement for Graduate grade.

IFE Level 4 Diploma in Fire Science and Fire Safety meets the academic entry requirement for Associate and Member grades.

Does the IFE offer training courses?

No. The IFE is a registered charity and does not offer any commercial services. However, the IFE does review and recognise high quality training delivered by others including its UK and International branches and these can be found here. 

I am running a fire-related event. Can I apply for IFE CPD hours?

Yes. This can be done through your local IFE branch or directly by emailing cpd@ife.org.uk

I hold an international qualification and need assistance with UK comparability, who can assist me?

UK NARIC helps professionals that are qualified internationally who wish to practice in the UK.  UK NARIC is the designated United Kingdom national agency for the recognition and comparision of international qualifications and skills.  It performs this function on behalf of the UK Government.

UK NARIC can provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to UK qualifications.  This is a Statement of Comparability and is widely used by those wishing to work, study or practice in the UK.

For more information about UK NARIC's services please visit www.naric.org.uk or contact them on communications@naric.org.uk or on +44 (0)871 3307033